dimanche 30 décembre 2012

RETOUR DE LA TIARE DE LA PRINCESSE MARIANNE CAROLINE DE SAXE, GRANDE DUCHESSE DE TOSCANE DANS LES MAINS DE LA FAMILLE ROYALE DES DEUX SICILES


Tiara of Princess Maria Anna of Saxony, Grandduchess of Tuscany 

This imposing attractive and historically important pearl and diamond tiara was made circa 1817 for Princess Maria Anna of Saxony 1799-1832 on the occasion of her marriage to Leopoldo II, Grand Duke of Tuscany 1797-1870 at Castle Pillnitz near Dresden. The Grand Duchess died very young and the Grand Duke married secondly, in 1833 Donna Maria Antoinietta of Bourbon, Princess of Two Sicilies 1814-1898. The chased gold and pearl base supporting a graduated row of trefoil motifs set with pear-and cushion-shaped diamonds, each decorated at the top with a large pear-shaped pearl capped with rose diamonds and alternating with similarly set floral motif.



The following list is of owners of this tiara: 

Archduchess Maria Isabella of Austria, Princess of Tuscany 1834-1901 married, 1850, Don Francesco di Paola of Boubon, Prince of the TWO SICILIES, Count of Trapani 1827-1892. 

Donna Antoinietta of Bourbon, Princess of the TWO SICILIES 1851-1938 married 1868, Don Alfonso of Boubon, Prince of the TWO SICILIES, Count of Caserta, Head of the Royal House of the TWO SICILIES 1841-1934.

Don Ferdinando III of Boubon, Duke of Calabria, Head of the Royal House of the TWO SICILIES 1869-1960, married 1897, Princess Maria of Bavaria 1872-1954.

Lidia Duchess of Pistoia, Princess d'Arenberg, (wife of Filiberto di Pistoia) see the two pictures at the top. Donna Lucia of Bourbon, Princess of the TWO SICILIES 1980, married 1938, Prince Eugenio of Savoy-Genoa, Duke of Ancona 1906-1996. This descendents of the Duchess of Ancona sold this tiara in 1999 at auction.

The wealthy Crocciani family of the new Duchess de Calabria (BOURBON-TWO SICILIES), Camilla, bought this tiara back. In 2004, the Duchess wore the tiara at the wedding of Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark along with the family ruby necklace which had also been repurchased at auction